Cell and Gene Therapy Technologist
Ireland | Permanent full-time role & flexible working conditions
HiTech Health focuses on enabling healthcare companies to develop, launch and supply products to the market. The company was established in 2013, bringing together an experienced and multi-disciplinary team from across the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. Operating internationally, HiTech Health supports cell and gene therapy companies develop, manufacture and supply life-changing therapies to patients.
Due to rapid growth, HiTech Health are seeking to hire a Cell and Gene Therapy Technologist for our product development laboratory located in Co. Galway. The candidate will undertake and help coordinate R&D manufacturing and QC activities leading to the development and manufacture of novel therapeutics in the gene and cell therapy space. This is an exciting role for a highly motivated individual to join our rapidly growing organisation. We are seeking a dynamic and hardworking individual who is interested in helping to develop the next generation of therapeutics.
- To play a key role in the development and translation of cell and gene therapy products e.g. process development, technology transfer, GMP translation, QC assay development
- To ensure efficient transfer of development processes and assays to GMP validation by working closely with members of product development, quality and cGMP teams across HiTech Health and where appropriate with external clients
- Ability to take on and manage multi-disciplined projects, with minimal supervision
- Test and perform analytical, safety and potency assays of products including but not limited to: flow cytometry, cell culture, PCR, and ELISA assays
- Revise and create documentation (Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), batch records, reports, etc.) associated with the manufacture of products, requiring minimal direction
- Support process changes and work to meet the clients’ requirements
- Work with the wider team to support R&D activities
- Support activities in other departments as instructed by manager e.g. cleaning, material receipt and stock management
- Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a compliant and ethical manner and in accordance with all applicable regulations and industry codes
Honours Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a science discipline with three (3) or more years of experience or a Masters Degree with Science with 1-2 years relevant experience
- Hands-on technical experience in all or some of the following; cell culture, flow cytometry, molecular biology techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to multi-task across multiple products and programs is critical
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Able to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Knowledge of cell culture-based manufacturing, technology transfer, and process validation of cell and gene therapies.
- MSc in a relevant subject area is desirable.
- Experience working in a small-medium company and/or facility start-up.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, trends, and methodologies.
Salary Range: Negotiable. Salary is commensurate with experience, qualifications and overall suitability for the position.
Working hours: Working hours will be 37.5 hours
Start date: On competition of recruitment process
Location: Spiddal, Galway, Ireland
We reserve the right to re-advertise or extend the closing date for this job post.
HiTech Health is an equal opportunities employer.
HiTech Health is delighted to be selected as the 'Spotlight' company by the Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Technology Center (PMTC). Read the article in the PMTC Monthly Spotlight. HiTech Health is a full-service Contract Development and Manufacturing...
Ensuring product quality and integrity is maintained throughout the end-to-end supply chain of medicinal products is imperative. The system for managing quality should encompass the organisational structure, procedures, processes and resources, as well as activities...
HiTech Health presented at the 3rd Global Bioprocessing, Bioanalytical, and ATMP Manufacturing Congress in Dublin, Ireland
HiTech Health are delighted to have attended the 3rd Global Bioprocessing, Bioanalytics and ATMP Manufacturing Congress on 16th and 17th May. HiTech Health’s Quality and Compliance Lead Julie-Anne O'Neill and Manager of Cell and Gene Therapy Operations Aoife Duffy...
Stay Up To Date
Connect with us to receive the latest HiTech Health and industry updates.