Head of Business Development – Cell and Gene Therapy
Ireland | Permanent full-time role & flexible working conditions
HiTech Health focuses on enabling healthcare companies to develop, launch and supply products to the market. Operating internationally, HiTech Health supports healthcare companies globally from development to launch and supply of new therapies with a focus on the manufacture, quality assurance and supply of these products.
This is an exciting role for a dynamic and determined individual to join a growing organisation, working as a Head of Business Development (BD) to drive sales in our Cell and Gene Therapy business. We are seeking for a BD lead to drive our Cell and Gene Therapy CDMO business development, playing a key role in the growth of HiTech Health.
- Develop a cGMP cell and gene therapy development and manufacturing customer base.
- Support lead generation activities specifically in cell and gene therapy commercial organisations, research institutions/academic leaders.
- Engage clients at biotech trade events, networking events and becomes active participants in key associations (e.g., BIO, ARM, etc).
- Facilitate site visits for advanced client discussions and/or audit purposes.
- Assist with proposals with technical teams in the overall process for:
- Proposal generation and communications with prospects
- Contract negotiation
- Provide management with reports on Business Development activities
- Deliver and onboard new clients to enable growth of business.
- Lead business discussions with potential clients.
- Establish and maintain contact with decision-makers and influencers within companies.
- Expand HiTech Health’s Cell & Gene Therapy’s brand awareness.
- Maintain relationships with key individuals in the industry and have extensive and up to date knowledge of industry trends and key collaborations and partnerships.
- Set up and manage target territories through the use of the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool and provide forecast reporting to management on a routine basis.
- Accountable for meeting/exceeding performance metrics including revenue goals.
- Relevant four-year degree, Masters or PhD in a science/engineering field.
- 5 years experience in biologics or cell and gene therapy CDMO/CMO preferred or extensive experience in highly regulated biotech/biopharma business development/sales organisation.
- Effective communication, interpersonal skills and a positive attitude required.
- Experience with solution selling in a multi stakeholder environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organisation including sales, service, technical support, marketing, and business management functions.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Demonstrate strong entrepreneurial mindset and good negotiating skills.
- Attention to detail in all job functions and demonstrate high level of integrity.
- Anticipate problems and remove obstacles to perform tasks as assigned.
- Work to specific measurable objectives requiring operational planning skills.
Salary Range: Negotiable. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications for this key position.
Working hours: Working hours will be 9am-5.30pm daily. The nature of the work may require flexibility in working times.
From 10th to 12th November, HiTech Health hosted ‘Cell and Gene at the Abbey’, a world-leading conference focusing on Production, Scale-up and Globalisation of cell and gene therapies. We would like to sincerely thank all the speakers, sponsors and attendees of this...
HiTech Health awarded with €7m government funding for 'disruptive' project HiTech Health and our partners, Relevium Medical and Professor Garry Duffy’s Laboratory at NUI Galway are honoured to receive €7 million from the Disruptive Technologies Innovation Fund...
HiTech Health and blood cancer charity Anthony Nolan have entered into an agreement to facilitate the development of novel cell and gene therapies. Anthony Nolan Cell & Gene Therapy Services will support HiTech Health’s supply chain through the provision of a...
Stay Up To Date
Connect with us to receive the latest HiTech Health and industry updates.